Super smooth slow cooker creme caramel
First time I’ve tried this and it was delicious and so, so easy. Ok, so it doesn’t look very appealing in this photo, but if you have a slow cooker you must try this. All you need is…
For the Caramel
- 4tbsp of sugar
- 4tbsp water
For the Custard
- 450ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 50g sugar
- Butter a pudding basin about 600ml in size, make sure it fits in your slow cooker first!!
- To make the caramel put sugar and water together, heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved, then bring it to the boil, without stirring until it has turned golden brown. Add this to the pudding basin.
- Whisk together eggs sugar and vanilla
- Heat the milk until almost boiling and stir into the egg mixture, then pour into the basin.
- Cover basin with foil an put it in the slow cooker. Pour in boiling water, enough to come halfway up the basin.
- Put on lid and cook for 3-4hrs on low
We ate ours within half an hour of it being cooked, so it was still warm, but you should really let it cool and serve it chilled. I couldn’t wait though. Turn it out onto a plate and serve. You will not be disappointed, well hopefully not.